Dec 15, 2013

Post - Graduation Reflections


Outfit c/o Young Hungry Free

Oh hai guys. I'm officially done with my university life and in a helluva Christmas mood! Never felt so liberated in my life. Those who know me personally would know that I take university very seriously. Maybe it was due to the fact that I didn't appreciate education when I was younger and wasted a hell lot of money switching schools (so thankful for my supportive dad). It was really tough for me as I constantly felt like the black sheep of the family (all my cousins were on track towards their educations in medicine, dentistry etc). As a kid, I was never much of a science or maths person - in fact I dreaded those subjects so much. It was tragic that my school didn't offer English Literature as an olevels subject cause I'd probably ace it lol. Being strong in linguistics and art was getting me no where, and I honestly didn't know what I wanted to do with my life.

Not many people know this, but it was actually a breakup 3 years ago that spurred me on to do something for myself. All that negativity and depression translated into an insane amount of motivation for me to challenge my limits. I stopped partying entirely, broke all contact with people who weren't good for me and cooped myself at home. It was at that point of time that I slowly picked up a few musical instruments, photography, a new language etc And most importantly, I decided to channel all my frustrations into acing my modules - something that gave my confidence a huge boost at that point of time, and even till now when I look back at my life as a student.

Getting a degree has always been that milestone for me to achieve, and who would have guessed that I actually graduated with a total of 2 diplomas (majoring in marketing and business administration) and double bachelor degrees (majoring in public relations and media studies). I've learnt so much from juggling both school and work, and feel extremely blessed to meet so many influential characters throughout the years. Thank you all, for your kindness and help - especially the friends who stood by me through the years and never left. I owe my life to you guys.