Jan 12, 2013

ETERNITY IN AN AFTERNOON







It seemed to be a perfect day. I woke up before the usual and headed to a cafe in town to get a cup of hot chocolate before lunch. The sky was clear and looked promising for the long day ahead. On a beautiful day like this, I enjoy reading a good book or article at the luxury of my own space. I like the fact that I can head to a cosy cafe alone at any given time of the day, order a hot drink and drown myself in text. I believe in indulging in the beauty of solitude, to be completely alone and grasping the chance to know yourself better before anyone else does. At the same time, I understand why people look at me with those funny sympathetic eyes when these thoughts are made vocal. People generally associate solitude with loneliness, sadness and self-pity. I beg to differ. I think its beautiful that a person does not need to depend on another person to make his/her day, to be in conscious control of his/her happiness. Spend a day with yourself, prepare a meal for one and be your own fancy date. Leave the busy gatherings behind and spend some time curating your own space.

6 comments:

coco said...

Hi Audrey,

Love what you said and I feel the same. It's kind of liberating to be able to do whatever whenever you want. Maybe you'd like this natal chart website I found quite reliable: http://astro.cafeastrology.com/cgi-bin/astro/natal

Anyway, Angelina Jolie mentioned that she loved doing things alone but only changed after she met Brad Pitt. Hope you like that website xx.

Anonymous said...

Hi Audrey! May I know what camera and lens you use? I really like your photos! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Audrey! May I know where did you purchase your kinfolk magazine volume 4 and if you are willing to sell yours? Please contact me at heartstrings13@gmail.com

Sharmaine

Anonymous said...

Hi, may I know what camera do you use to take these gorgeous photos?

Anonymous said...

This was beautifully written :)

I completely agree with spending time alone. It's lovely sometimes; but some people can never understand that.

Anonymous said...

I really really like this post. You write beautifully Audrey.