Oct 1, 2014

All I see, is you.


I will hold you in the eleventh hour.
The darkest of nights, 
the earliest of mornings.

We will get lost for a good hour, 
tangled up in these soft sheets.

Bodies conjoined by our hands, 
our fingers entwined and 
lost in each other.

How can I ever tell you that
mornings lack meaning if they are not spent
wrapped up 
in your presence.

How can I ever tell you that I love 
hearing you groan like a child at the alarm clock,
and falling 
into deep slumber again.

All I can hear is your shifty feet 
under the covers.

Slow, relaxed pulse 
beating against the veins that track your arms.

All I see, is you.

Your dazed eyes struggling 
to stay open,
every stolen second breathing.

Just breathing.

The fragility in your voice 
when you say 
"good morning babe".

The way your hair falls, 
framing your face ever so perfectly.

The scars that 
illustrate your story 
without needing you to part your lips.

Tell me all the things you welled up inside.
Break down those walls for a mere moment, and
let me in.






---------------------------------------------------


No comments: