Oct 25, 2014

Little India












 Been having full day classes lately, and it kinda drained me out mentally. Had this horrible writer's block for the longest time ever, and haven't been doing as much creative work as I want to. But I'm not complaining cause I love my job. I love being able to warm up to teenagers, gaining their trust and seeing them take their chairs to sit closer and closer to me each day. I love how they open up to me, when it comes to their personal problems solely because it means a lot to them. I love how I'm able to share what I do, this big part of me that quite frankly makes me, me.

So anyway, a friend and I took a trip down to Little India after work one day, to explore the streets of Little India in celebration for Deepavali. Mostly to have authentic Indian food, since I haven't tried most of these flavorful dishes.  Those who know me personally would know that I have a terribly low threshold for spicy food. My limit reaches up to deadly levels like Hainanese chicken rice chili. So, yup. 

Heres a photo story on what we did, and the food I tried which consists of Garlic Butter Naan, Mango Lassi, Iced Limau, Tandoori Roasted Chicken, Keema (Indian Ground Beef with Peas). And a dish with potatoes, boiled cabbage, peas and carrots when I finally surrendered to my burning tastebuds.

No comments: