Jun 29, 2015

48 hours in Paris


We spent 48 hours in Paris and came home with so many memories. The weather was stellar, the streets were busy but not overwhelming. The food was simply divine, with lots of people watching (and documenting). I love how the Parisians are so serious on their people watching culture. I had a conversation with a local, and he said that "we just want to see the world and for the world to see us". That was so brutally narcissistic, honesty to the bones. I liked it.

Paris was nothing like what I expected it to be. I figured that since it was a city of love, couples would be kissing everywhere. Ladies would be holding flowers and there would be an abundance of florists peppered around the city. I figured that there might be guides walking majestic white horses around town, offering overpriced rides to foreigners who would spend a bomb on that kinda shit. But Paris was nothing like that.

Paris was more than I imagined. It was more than what I hoped for. The commercialized stigma of it was prevalent, but it was not consuming. I enjoyed Paris, and I will definitely be back for more. Maybe armed with someone, maybe alone. I don't know. We shall see.

4 comments:

Jieying said...

It's really an enjoyment looking at your photos :)

Unknown said...

Love the feel of the photos. :) may I know the cam and lens you use? Thank you

Aud said...

Thank you Jieying. This means alot to me xx

Aud said...

Hey Charlyn, thank you! I use a 60D and 50mm 1.4 lens :)