May 6, 2015

Instagram it.

Singapore is a city that never sleeps, we have 24/7 food centres and malls (think Mustafa Centre) that run all day occupying us with late night entertainment. But with the hustle and bustle engulfing us at every minute and people photobombing our pictures at every corner.... is it possible to find lost places in Singapore that are actually picture worthy?

So recently, I was tasked with an interesting project to document 20 potential and very Instagram-worthy locations in our compact and busy city. In 2 days, I travelled around Singapore. North, South, East, West.. You name it, I was probably there.














Hop over to The Smart Local to find out the specific locations and how to get there without finding yourself stranded in some godforsaken place like I did. Take it from me - remember to bring some crucial items that would probably save your life in times of distress.

1) Mobile phone charger
- Would totally save your life when you are stranded in the middle of Lim Chu Kang and need Google Maps to find your way out of a forested area.

2) Insect Repellent
- I HATE MOSQUITOS. Seriously some mozzies are freaking commando trained. They pierce through your clothes mercilessly and would slowly suck the life out of you (okay I'm exaggerating) but we all know what hundreds of famished mozzies can do to you. Just bring it.

3) Umbrella
- My intern and I were once stranded at one of the locations with one pathetic umbrella (a bimbotic looking polkadot umbrella which doesn't shelter shit) It was pouring as if Singapore has suffered a terrible drought for 20 years. Yo would't want to be stuck in that kind of situation, and having to brave it out while praying for the storm to pass.

4) A good pair of shoes
- Adventure requires a lot of walking, honey. You wouldn't want to be trekking in impractical shoes.

Now, go have fun! Let me know if you visited any of these locations. Would love to hear about your experiences there and if you ran into any funny/weird people along the way (hopefully it wouldn't be me haha)

No comments: