Apr 18, 2015

Behind the scenes with Trevmonki

Hello weekend! Hows it going guys? Hope everything is been nothing less than stellar for you, and if it isn't.. don't worry. Things will get better! Just a mini update for those who are groaning at my mini hiatus here - I'm sitting at a cafe at this point (on a hot Saturday afternoon. Time check: 3.39pm), editing a crazy amount of pictures for a stop motion. 

I just did some filming for Trevmonki this morning! Thanks for having me Trev, looking forward to more collaborations to come :) I'm pretty new at comedy videos so bear with me if I come off a little unnatural sometimes. I met new friends, Ellena and Jaze Phua - do check them out! Ellena does Youtube collaborations with Trev and Jaze is a director/actor/multi-talented-person who does super cool stuff on Youtube.












Like I mentioned before, Youtube is a scary place and I'm still getting used to experiencing online politics/hateful/spiteful comments etc. I know we get subjected to harsh criticism and objectivity when we choose to put ourselves out there on the internet like this. But does it really have to be this way, I wonder. I've never really considered going into videos, acting and all that jazz. In fact, I've turned down many acting stints when I was younger. I never really wanted this.

So, you might like to know... why now? Its largely attributed to the fact that I'm a grown woman who knows what she wants, and nothing really fazes me anymore. Sounds pretty odd to call myself a woman, but thats what it is. I don't care much about things these days, as long as it makes me happy and my conscience is clear.... I'll do it. People are gonna judge you no matter what anyway, so why not just be happy with your life. We should be free spirited in that sense, to let go of all these inhibitions that shackle us from succeeding in our own right. I've learnt that having too many considerations and calculated risks kills the pure pleasure of being human. Being human means making mistakes, falling down way too often, getting your heart broken time and time again. And not fearing to get back on track, to love even though you're completely shaken.

I'm in love. Not with a person, but with the things that make me happy. Like conceptualizing creative content, making videos, documenting things and people. I'm in love with the one thing that will not leave me when I'm at my lowest, something that will never waver or demand explanations when I don't have any to offer. I'm in love with myself, at how strong I've been over the past 9 years. I'm in love with busyness, because its who I am. I work 14hours a day and fall asleep happy. I love this 25 year old me, this little bulletproof frame who forgives even when its hard to and laughs so so so much more. I love her because I fought to be her.

2 comments:

Bryan Choo: said...

You are un un un un believable Audrey! So well said!

Floren Lau said...

You are awesome Audrey!